Herts WoodFuel is monitoring the current COVID-19 situation on a daily basis and we have had a number of enquires regarding our operations.
Pleased be advised that:
- We are operating normally for the time being. As a fuel provider, Herts WoodFuel is considered an Essential Supplier under government guidelines and we will not be ceasing our timber processing, charcoal making or delivery operations unless specifically instructed to do so.
- Herts WoodFuel is an owner/operator rural business based on an isolated farm in East Hertfordshire and Matt is lone-working every day to ensure timber is processed, woodfuel pellets can be delivered to vulnerable customers and batches of our wonderful Stag British Charcoal can be cooked ready for delivery ONLY. So please be mindful that his mobile phone will go straight to voicemail and if possible please submit queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our third party carrier, UKMAIL, is at the current time, operating normally. The only difference is that customers wishing to decline signing paper or electronic devices as proof of delivery may do so, with drivers following sensible precautions to prevent material contamination.
- Ordering online via Shopify - so as to minimise stresses on our carrier network we have to request that all customers requiring our next-day delivery service place orders by 06:00 on the day of collection from us. Hopefully the orders will arrive on time but we cannot fully guarantee the service. Orders placed on Friday, will be dispatched on the following Monday for delivery Tuesday.
- Collection of Charcoal is no longer possible but if customers live within 5 miles of Ware/Hertford we are offering a free delivery service, subject to a minimum order of 12 kg. Orders can be placed via the online store, with customers selecting “Free Collection by Appointment” at checkout. We are also accepting email orders and will send a payment link via email which customers can pay in advance of collecting charcoal.